I need to get this recipe out before I forget! It also helps when grocery shopping to make sure you have everything you need.
- 1lb. ground beef
- bell pepper (red or green)
- minced garlic
- seasoning (salt, pepper, oregano, adobo)
- sofrito and/or recaillito
- (olives) I don’t like olives, but most people do
- olive oil
- tomato paste (one small can)
Add and cook everything to taste. You can always add fun little extras like jalapenos, Worcestershire sauce, Sazon, and/or Sriracha sauce.
This also works for chicken. I just bake it a little in olive oil and salt and pepper and then shred it and then mix it in with the veggies.
If doing empanadas, use less liquid, and if putting over rice or mashed potatoes, use more liquid. Or pasta, etc…